Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Green Resolution!


There's been a strange concoction on my dinners lately.  It smells a little sweet (mom says there's some fruit in it) and tastes a little creamy.  At first, I was intrigued but I wasn't sure I liked it.  I licked at it tentatively and moved it around in my mouth.  It wasn't horrible.  I took another taste. It started to grow on me. 

Mom says it's a green smoothie and it's good for me.  She says it's a way for us all to get our veggies.  Why do I need veggies?  I'm a dog.  I like my meaty bones.  But it tastes good, so I keep licking until it's gone.  Truth be told, I'd really like to have more, but mom only gives me a little bit.  She says we have to get used to it slowly.

Everybody gets some smoothie in their dinner.  Mom giggles and says we're going to all turn green!  She's hoping the fresh veggies will help my cysts to disappear and will keep us all healthier.  I'm not sure why the veggies have appeared all of a sudden.  I never had them before.  I've heard the words new year and resolution.  Are dogs supposed to have resolutions too?  If so, I guess mine will be to keep finishing my smoothies!  Mom will think I'm doing it just to make her happy.  But really, they're quite delicious!  Shhh, don't tell her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment