Sunday, January 2, 2011

Goodbye to the Holiday Season

Today Mom took the Christmas tree down.  I had gotten used to it being there, and now it is gone.  The boxes of ornaments and decorations are now put away and the floor is open and clear again.

This was my very first Christmas as a family dog!  I sure didn't know what I was missing!  Here I am surrounded everyday by love.  I'm allowed to be warm and dry inside the house with everyone else.  I'm learning to enjoy the snow now that I have someone to shovel it for me.  And, I no longer need to break through the ice in the water bowl every morning to get a drink.

The holidays have brought many new adventures - trips to visit friends, both old and new; guests coming just to see me and cuddle me, and to bring me special treats!  There were Santa suits and hats, and marvelous smells (and sometimes tastes too!)  The tree confused me at first, and it poked me in the nose if I got too close.  But it had special toys hanging on it that sprung back when I tugged on them!  And it was fun to sleep under too. 

Perhaps the most surprising of all was that I got my very own bone!  I don't have to share it with anybody!  And I got a sock full of tasty stuff!  Mom says it's called a stocking.  It got caught on my nose when I tried to eat the goodies, but it was worth it!  I also got my very own steps (but the others use them too), so I can get up to the big bed every night.  No longer huddled with my buddy in the cold, now I can cuddle with my Mom in the warm covers all night long! 

I've heard it said that the holidays are a magical time.  Now I know it is true.  I hate for it to come to an end.  But Mom says it's now a new year.  A time for new beginnings.  I can't wait to see what the new year has in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment