Sunday, August 10, 2014

National Spoil Your Dog Day!!

 
If you're anything like me, every day seems like spoil your dog day!  My dogs get the best food, vet care, walks and playtime.  They have more toys than I can count and they get super delicious dog treats.  Yes, they sleep on the bed and get lots of belly rubs.  But, at the same time, it would just not be right to pass up a special day set aside for all of America to spoil their dogs! 
 
So, today my dogs got even more spoiling than usual!  In addition to extra playtime and belly rubs, here are two activities that they liked the most.  Perhaps your dogs will enjoy them too!
 
I made them a special Goodie Box!  I stuffed a box full of toys, bones, treats and chews for them to discover and unpack!  They were all very excited and after the initial unpacking, then it was playtime with the toys and chewing time with the other goodies! 
 
 
 
 
 
Homemade Frosty Snacks are always a hit around here!  I make them myself because they are cheaper than store bought versions, plus I can control what the ingredients are.  Because I have smaller dogs, I can also make smaller portion sizes for the smaller dogs.  Sometimes I make them in dixie cups or ice cube trays.  This time I made them in small plastic containers with lids.  You can find many recipes for these, but I tend to wing it and add whatever healthy ingredients I want to yogurt, blend them together and freeze in portions. 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. we agree - every day is spoil your dogs day at our house :)

    ReplyDelete