Friday, January 4, 2013

Quote to share


 
"My disability will always be a piece of me, but if it's the only part of me you
recognize, then you've only scratched the surface of who I am."
 
 
 
 
The above quote was shared with me by a friend through a friend.  We have no idea who is the originator of the quote - if you know, please do comment and let me know so I can give him/her credit. 
 
What struck me most about this quote, is that it says so well what I try to impress upon people when they first meet Treasure.  Yes, she is blind and deaf.  There is nothing that anyone can do to change that.  But there is so much more to know about her than that.  She is an amazing animal, not because she is blind and deaf, but because of who she is.  It is only when you take the time to get to know her that you realize the depth of her presence.  Thank you Pam and Mike for sharing this wonderful quote with Treasure and I. 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment